Product Details & Item specifics
Item Type: Diagnostic Tools
Item Name: battery tester
Place of Origin: Ningbo China (Mainland)
Brand Name: Tirol
Item NO.: T16594
Features: alternator state check, battery state check, check before charge and overload display.
Specification: Load applied by internal switchgear –NO sparking
Suitable for 6 and 12 volt batteries
Hold load on 10 seconds
Accurate indication of battery voltage
Applies load across cells and measures output on meter
Using on car, van , truck , motorcycle .
***********Free Shipping Via Singapore Post Air Mail *************
The top-mounted rocker switch allows for easier operation. Other convenient features include super-grip battery clamps that are both heavy duty and color-coded, easy-to-read meter that is accurate and shock resistant as well as a baked enamel steel case which is ventilated to keep it cool.
- This product is a kind of portable instrument used to test batteries for determining their capacity state which is divided into tree section , namely , the “consumed” , “recharge” and “normal” . All these are directly and speedily shown through direct perception on the graduated disc to judge the quality of a battery . In addition this instrument can also check whether the charging system is in good or bad condition .
- Structure and Characteristics . This product consists of D.C. Voltmeter ,load resistance , instantaneous contact switch , housing and testing clamps .The capacity state of a battery is shown in 3 sections: red, yellow , and green to show the 3 states , namely , the “consumed” ,”recharge” and “normal” respectively .
- Thechnical parameters
Range of parameters:
The rated voltage of the battery to be tested : 6V , 12V Rated capacity of the battery to be tested :200—1000CCA
Type of indication : 3 sections , red , yellow and treen to show the “consumed” , “recharge” and “normal” state respectively.
Way of testing : manual instantaneous contact type . Each measurement should be done within 10 seconds.
Measuring limit : 0—16V
This product meets the enterprise standard.
Testing preparation :
- During the test , its surrounding should be well ventilated.
- Clean the measuring ends of the battery to be tested.
- Check the battery for broken part or damage .
- If it is necessary to remove the battery from the vehicle , first remove the earthing end of the battery , and other accessories are taken out carefully so as to avoid electric are
Test of the battery:
- First check if the needle of the instrument points to zero position on the left of the graduated disc ; if not , turn the zero adjuster in the middle of the instrument conver until it points to zero .
- Connect the red clamp to the positive terminal of the battery , while the black one is connected to the negative terminal.
Then instrument needle shoule move away from zero to the right side . If it turns in the other direction , this shows that the clamp connection is wrong , and if there is no reading at all (the needle stays at zero position ) check if the testing clamp is properly connected with the terminals .
- Turn the load switch to the “on” position . Keep at that position until the needle is steady , but don’t exceed to seconds.
- Read the battery state on the graduated disc
Analysis of Battery
On—load test : The reaction after the instrument being loaded(i.e. the load switch is turned to “on” position) .
OK or green section : Battery capacity is srfficient . Whether the battery is fully charged or not can be checked by measuring its specific gravity (spgr for short) and recharge it to its full extent (shown in 5) .
Weak or bad condition ,but indication is steaey : Battery capacity is not sufficient .This may be due to the following two factors: (1) the damaged battery . (2) insufficient recharge . Which one of the two factors can be determined by checking the specific gravity . If the specific gravity is larger than 1.225 , the battery is damaged ; If it is less than 1.225 , recharge it and test again . If the variation exceeds 0.025 , this shows that the battery has been damaged ; if the recharge can not reach the full charged specific gravity , the shows that the battery Is aged or ineffective.
Weak or bad condition , and the value is falling : The battery is perhaps disqualified , Makd quick inspection , release the load switch and check the reaction on the voltmeter . If the voltmeter needle reaches or exceeds 12 volts within a few seconds , the battery may be damaged . If the needle gradually reaches 12 volts , the battery has been used up . Precision results can be obtained by checking the specific gravity .